- Educated in Quebec. Graduated from McGill University with a Bachelor of Commerce in Finance and Accounting.
- Passed Certified Management Accountant Exams 1988
- Moved to Hamilton in 1989.
- Officially designated as Certified Management Accountant 1992
- 13 years experience in the public accounting field for chartered accountants with a unique expertise in auditing for not for profit organizations.
- 13 years experience as controller of a not for profit organization.
- 8 years volunteer experience as referee in the Quebec Minor Football Organization
- 3 years as secretary/treasurer for the North Shore Football Referees Association.